Having a Google Search Console account is an important step to improve your Shopify store’s SEO. In this post, I am going to share with you a step by step process to verify your Shopify store in Google Search Console easily.
Recently, I was installing Google Search Console on his Shopify store, because my client was clueless about how to install it without messing up the website. I thought many users might be facing the same issue so I thought to write an article.
If you haven’t created a Google Search Console property, here’s how to do it.
- Sign up for Google Search Console account using your Google account. Click on the button Add a New Property.
- Enter your website URL in the next step.
- Choose the method Verify by HTML tag to keep things simple.
- It will generate a code, copy it by right-click on it then copy.
- Log into your Shopify store. Go to Themes. Click on Actions and select the option ‘Edit code’.
- Go to your theme.liquid file. Just under the `<head>` tag paste your copied Google Search Console code.
- Click on the Save button then go back to Google Search Console and click on Verify.
I offer a Shopify SEO service on Upwork that starts from $49 only. I would really appreciate it if you check it out.
If you have a Shopify store and getting regular traffic but making no sales then check out this post I get traffic but make no sales.
I hope you found this post useful. Please feel free to send me a message if you need help with SEO.